Slip Away

"Curiousity killed the cat. my other 4 dog's died of malaria."

 The last time i went for a really good non scout camp was at my standard 5 end of year camp.. i mean i really truly had a blast.. you know that sweet settle feeling you get when you watch a movie at the most happy part.. you actually feel like your a part of that movie and thats when your really engrossed with it.

 See the thing was, i was awfully nerdy as a kid growing up. i guess im still pretty nerdy but it beats last time.. So, well the first time i really enjoyed myself at a camp more like a holiday school trip was when i went penang.. i was a naive little kid, pretty much no friends.. 

more like a loner.

  I never really enjoyed my primary life other than that holiday and a lil bit of my standard 6.
We really went all in all during that camp, having a really sporting driver allowing us to blast the music up to the max. At the time it was the Akon lonely craze.. the guys at the back sang it till our voices croaked, literally.

I mean if you being a nerd not getting a chance to have fun. all of a sudden you get tossed into a crowd and you instantly get your first grasp of fun. you truly will enjoy it the first time.

  After you read this i hope you will really go all in all on the first go, if you get me.. it's always more magical when you do something the first time, i still remember how afraid i was of going asleep alone. i had this different feeling when i go into my own room, at first a slight layer of insecurity was laid upon my skin giving me the goosebumps. The moment my head touched the soft chilly pillow i felt like something was in the room. so i grabbed my blanket and my dog, brownie (i've had him for 13 years now)  the insecurity soon faded away.

I still remember waking up in my room the next day feeling proud, the first thing i did was gush out of it and i ran into my mom's arms in her room. i felt like it was christmas morning and it was going to snow.

  In whatever you do you should just think to yourself that this could be the first and last time i do this, so i should put in full effort cause i'll be dunked in a pool of regret if i don't do this well. Do be confident with yourself and do it with a whole heart.

Out for now.

No comments: